Be Part of the Solution at Amazon
As an Amazon intern, you will be interacting with your peers and Amazon’s global team of full-time professionals as part of our Software and Systems Development team. You’ll manage your own set of deliverables, working at the forefront of Amazon’s Cloud and Retail businesses in a variety of functional areas (requirements gathering, design, programming, testing, documentation, etc.). You will benefit from the opportunity to attend our popular technical architecture meetings, asking lots of questions and learning as you go. You’ll have lots of fun and maybe even make history!
Software Development Engineer & System Engineer Intern/Co-Op
As an Amazon intern, you will build a complete solution in one of Amazon Dublin’s technical teams, giving you the chance to work on technology with huge scope of impact. We’re looking for some of the following skills:
- Good object-oriented design knowledge
- Good coding skills, preferably in Java, Python and/or C/C++ and preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform
- Competent in at least one functional scripting language e.g. Perl or Shell
- Familiarity with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, relational databases and optimization
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Adept at handling ambiguous or vaguely defined challenges through abstract thinking
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux
- Must be a good communicator and be customer focused
- Familiarity with database design, HTML, DHTML
You must be currently enrolled in a Computer Science/Computer Engineering program (or related technical discipline) with at least one term to finish after the completion of the Amazon internship.
If you think you could be a future Amazon intern, please send your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will get back in touch.